Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

M is so hyper!

Joined 27-Feb-09

Top Poster
6-Apr-10 6:29 am

He really is on the go all the time, wants to touch everything, move everywhere and eat anything - he really figets. I am slightly concerned that is very hyperactive - everyone who holds him or sees him comments that he just wants to get up and go. He also screams very high pitched all the time. I am wondering if this is normal as it is stopping him from sitting up because he just wants to move. Even in his sleep, I find him babbling and moving - when I go to get him in the mornings his head is touching the top of his crib! He has started biting as he has 2 teeth at he bottom front of his mouth. Even when he is sitting in his Bumbo he goes all stiff and arches his back to try and get out, even to the point where I think he is about to wack his head on the floor behind him I run to get him. He wacks his feet on everything, it looks really painful but he keeps doing it and his hands..

Should I be concerned? Or should I just shut up and stop worrying, he is doing fine..

Baby Boy Sept 09 | Baby Girl Oct 11

lisa

Joined 20-Jun-09

Top Poster
6-Apr-10 6:56 am

Sounds to me like he is just fine ds1 was like this and totally skipped the whole sitting rolling over and went straight to walking at 9 months and he is now really intelligent i was told alot of the time him being so figity and playing up was because his brain was working overtime and he got fustrated not being able to do everything he wanted to ifkwim.

Macey is also starting to do the same, she will also wiggle to the top of her cot in her sleep and if i leave her on her mat while i nip to the loo or something ill come down to her being accross the room. she also hates her bouncey chair and car seat which im guessing is because she cant move. what has totally made my like easier is getting her a fisher price jumperoo....it keeps her occupied for ages and i totally recomend one to anyone with an active baby lol

Baby Bear Boy Jordan 9/10/2000  Baby Bear Boy  Finley 30/11/2005   Baby Bear Girl Macey 28/12/2009 

Joined 27-Feb-09

Top Poster
6-Apr-10 7:33 am

littlecheeks"]

Sounds to me like he is just fine ds1 was like this and totally skipped the whole sitting rolling over and went straight to walking at 9 months and he is now really intelligent i was told alot of the time him being so figity and playing up was because his brain was working overtime and he got fustrated not being able to do everything he wanted to ifkwim.

[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean M is the same, he does roll from front to back and back to front, and tries to crawl and sticks his bum up in the air whilst trying to eat the carpet. I have been told M is also an intelligent boy by doctors, they can see it in his already which has really suprised me.

[quote user="littlecheeks:

Macey is also starting to do the same, she will also wiggle to the top of her cot in her sleep and if i leave her on her mat while i nip to the loo or something ill come down to her being accross the room. she also hates her bouncey chair and car seat which im guessing is because she cant move. what has totally made my like easier is getting her a fisher price jumperoo....it keeps her occupied for ages and i totally recomend one to anyone with an active baby lol

A friend of mine has the jumperoo and M loves it!! Unfortunately I can not afford the price tag so have just opted for a walker, which I had delivered and it was broken so I have had to send it back and now have been waiting nearly 3 weeks for a replacement. He loves being in his bouncer, he is constatly bouncing his legs to bounce it. He loves to bounce on people, he even knows what the word bouncy means - when M is in his carseat he is just nosy and wants to look around all the time, but if he gets the sun in his eyes he starts going crazy, screaming kicking..

Joined 20-Oct-05

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-Apr-10 7:42 am

M sounds completely normal.  My babies would always try and throw themselves out of the bumbo seat.  It felt too restrictive for them I think.

He's also at a stage where he is learning something new every second that he is awake and also when he's sleeping.   He's exploring what happens when his feet hit things.  He's listening to the sound it makes and even how you respond to the news.  Pretty soon he'll be doing things just to get a rise out of you! 

Babies are hyper.  Since he's meeting his milestones on time and sleeping well I don't think you have anything to worry about.  Just keep him busy and stimulated during the day when he's not napping.  Babies can get bored as well. 

Can you find a used exercauser somewhere?  They are usually less expensive then the jumperoos, but they allow the kids to jump and spin around to play with toys.

Joined 27-Feb-09

Top Poster
6-Apr-10 8:48 am

Thanks L, you've put my mind at rest.

I am going to look around for a used one - hopefully I find one..

Joined 21-May-09

Top Poster
7-Apr-10 1:07 pm

Chelsea

M sounds like Bryce...except for the moving part, he isnt crawling...but he has to be walked around all the time and be able to go where hes looking at or he is grunting and screaming. he screams to, I mean highpitch that if I copy him he laughs lol. He does the back arching even to go on the floor he does that, and then once hes on the floor he freaks lol. Silly kid. He does that with his bumbo and now hes moving sideways. He moves all over the place in his crib. I found him under his bumper pad, time to take out. He tries to climb out of his exersaucer. He is a nosey baby to, in his carseat or stroller hes looking around and will perk his neck up to look around its cute and funny. I agree, keep him stimulated. Babies cant be diagnosed with hyperactivity just yet. He could mellow out at one, or *knock on wood* get worse...To me he seems very loved, happy and just a social baby. Loves to be touched, involved and such. I have 5 kids, so each one was different and M sounds like my 1, 3rd and 5th sons. Enjoy this time cus once they are crying and always cranky, you will wish your bouncy baby is back.

Oh Bryce bites to...he figured that out a while ago. He hurts to. Rips things with his teeth. Awful lol. I say hes a monster. The kids will go near, I say dont put hands near he will bite hehe.

How are you doing?

Hugs Violet Annick Hugs Violet

Baby BoySEAN 16 Baby BoyJUSTIN 12 Baby BoyKEVIN 11 Baby BoyJAYSON 10 Baby BoyBRYCE 3 Baby BoySETH 2 Baby Boy Kade (7/2012)

Heartbroken94(6wks) Heartbroken95(8wks) Heartbroken99(15wks) TL 4/03 TR 5/08 Heartbroken08(6wks)

Heartsmarried 12/30/2006

Joined 21-May-09

Top Poster
7-Apr-10 1:16 pm

Oh Bryce also bops on his bum and his legs go a mile a minute along with his arms and he laughs so hard he falls backwards. He has to be on his feet quite a bit also. he stiffens up and shakes when hes excited then squeels. Its quite funny and cute.

Baby BoySEAN 16 Baby BoyJUSTIN 12 Baby BoyKEVIN 11 Baby BoyJAYSON 10 Baby BoyBRYCE 3 Baby BoySETH 2 Baby Boy Kade (7/2012)

Heartbroken94(6wks) Heartbroken95(8wks) Heartbroken99(15wks) TL 4/03 TR 5/08 Heartbroken08(6wks)

Heartsmarried 12/30/2006

Joined 26-Nov-08

Top Poster
15-Apr-10 4:15 pm

How have I missed this post???  Sorry Chelsea.  I think Max sounds fab - a typical little boy.  My DS was a nightmare; wouldn't crawl just had to be walked around and was into everything.  He walked at 9 months, talked at 10 and is a very clever little boy so prepare yourself[HL

I'm actually jealous, wish Evie was doing a bit more.  (I'm going to regret saying that aren't I? He he)

Mrs Blue - Bryce sounds fab!  Think we should all post a recent vid of our beans; I want to see what they are up to! x

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby Boy Harry 2006     Baby Girl Evie Rose 2009 Thank you IG.  I'm thrilled!!

Joined 27-Feb-09

Top Poster
16-Apr-10 2:09 am

M said Bub, because I call him Bubba. He can say it on que too, I say Max Bub and he says Bo Bub Bub. Had his injections Wednesday, was really good, he only wipered and then smiled. He offically has his walker now, he can bearly touch the floor, but would sit in it for hours if I would let him lol.. He is trying to walk already, he can put one foot infront of the other and holds on to our coffee table and walker to try and hold himself up but he hasn't got he strength to keep himself there yet. He is on 3 meals a day with four bottles, only one more bottle to cut out. I don't know how to post a video otherwise I would - M is really funny around cameras, he stops what he is doing and smiles.. it is really funny. The excitement has calmed down now a bit, I am not as worried. I think he was just frustrated because he could figure out how to do things, but now he knows he wants to try them and he is still too little.

Joined 26-Nov-08

Top Poster
16-Apr-10 4:35 am
Bless him, sounds like he is a very clever little boy! Evie lives standing too but physio says she's not allowed to take her weight, not allowed in walker, jumperoo or door bouncer either! What injections dud max have? Don't think evie is due any. I didn't know how to do videos either but Cassoe gave me instructions. I uploaded it from my phone to photobucket.com. You then go to the video on photobucket, click on 'share' and copy the code for sharing on forums and paste it into your post on here. Make sense? I'll do one of Evie and post it, already put a couple in TP to see how behind she is. Would love your honest opinion if you get chance to look. How r u doing? Been following your posts bless you, seems your body is giving you a rough time x
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby Boy Harry 2006     Baby Girl Evie Rose 2009 Thank you IG.  I'm thrilled!!

Joined 21-May-09

Top Poster
18-Apr-10 12:48 pm

Im glad he got his walker. He will be motoring around in no time. Its illegal here in Canada for those walkers. So instead they only allow stationary toys. Oh well, no biggie. I dont mind lol. I dont want bryce motoring too soon.

Heartsmarried 12/30/2006

Joined 27-Feb-09

Top Poster
20-Apr-10 6:12 am

Gill 22 - Yeah body is being a nightmare at the moment.. Hopefully will know one way or another asap. He had his last lot now until he is a year old. Not sure what they included appart from Pneumonia.. But I just want him to have them otherwise I will panic and worry. I will have a search for E's videos. My whole internet buggered over this weekend, got alot of Trojans so we had to reboot and I havn't been on here..

Annick - It's Illegal to own a walker? WHY? Max can already move around a little. But I tend to keep him on our shag rug so he can't go anywhere, I know I'm evil. But I have a very nice TV and Stand..

Joined 21-May-09

Top Poster
20-Apr-10 12:54 pm

ChelseaRae:

Annick - It's Illegal to own a walker? WHY? Max can already move around a little. But I tend to keep him on our shag rug so he can't go anywhere, I know I'm evil. But I have a very nice TV and Stand..

There were too many cases of babies falling down stairs, tipping over and so on and so on. I think its retarded..I would love to have on for Bryce. DH had one as a child, at age of 1 he was scooting in his and went down the stairs and broke his collar bone. That didnt stop his mom tho...back in 1974 the laws were different. Here in Canada, its awful on certain things. Even to own a trampoline you MUST own a fence higher than 8 feet high and have a net around it. WTF?? AND if you have a pool and your fence is under 6 feet you MUST put a cover with lock on it. To prevent any drownings or strangers from drowning. First of all, why would a stranger go in your pool, right? Ugh its retarded. Even our carseats have changed. they put the 5 point harnesses now so then the babies cant scoot their legs out from below. Hmmm. Neglect of some parents caused thses new rules to have come in affect few years back.

Heartsmarried 12/30/2006

Joined 27-Feb-09

Top Poster
20-Apr-10 1:47 pm

WOW, that is all I can say I think..

Joined 21-May-09

Top Poster
20-Apr-10 3:57 pm

Its all good. I can ge a walker illegally brought into the country if I want, family member can do that, but then what if B gets hurt, then I have to explain how lol I wont do that. But all the other rules are retarded. I guess a safety thing. :)

Heartsmarried 12/30/2006

Page: of 2