Sure, you already know how to make a baby, and you might even know that X sperm make girls and Y sperm make boys. But if you want to do everything you can to sway the odds in your favor, get ready to buckle down and learn the details!
- The Straight Truth About Conception
(How Nature Chooses Boy or Girl)
- You know the basics, but now it's time for the advanced class: the nitty gritty details of the magic moment when egg and sperm meet. Required reading for using any gender selection method!
- The Odds of Having a Boy or a Girl
- If you already have boys, are you more likely to have another boy? Or if you already have girls, are the odds stacked against having a boy? Many people just assume the answer is yes, but what does the data say when you look at actual statistics?
- Does having boys or girls run in the family?
- When you seem surrounded by brothers, uncles, and nephews, it seems a sure thing that boys run in the family (or girls) -- but is this really true? A statistician with a mostly-male family did a study to find out.
- ART Class (Advanced Reproductive Technologies)
- All about romance with a test tube: IUI and IVF explained.
- Gender Prediction: Fetal Heart Rate
- Does your baby's heart rate predict gender?
- Gender Selection Ethics
- Is it right or wrong to try to choose the gender of your baby? Are we on a "slippery slope" to designer babies and eugenics?
- Gender Preference
Because of the well-known preference for sons in some other Asian countries, it is often assumed that parents in the United States prefer sons as well -- and that gender selection would primarily be used to have boys. It's a false assumption; evidence shows that parents in Western countries want daughters just as much as sons.
See also: Gender Selection News: Gender Preference
- Implantation Symptoms
- Looking for the earliest possible signs that you could be pregnant? See this list of symptoms that may accompany implantation.
- Gender Selection Glossary
- Definitions for all those confusing terms!